Thursday 14 November 2019

Easy Christmas Light Cupcakes

I was watching the Holiday Baking Championship and one of the contestants made a cake with Christmas lights all around it. It was the cutest thing. She pushed an M&M into the cake on its side so it had a 3D effect. I loved it and it inspired these Christmas light cupcakes. I made these for the kid’s bake sale at school and they were a hit. This technique is so simple, and has a big impact. So easy that the kids can do it. I absolutely love how these turned out and they also tasted great. A peeve of mine is when something is really cute, but the taste doesn’t measure up.

I really like to decorate cupcakes more than cookies. I love the way cookies look, they can be works of art, I’m just not patient enough to do them. They take forever. A cupcake is so much faster and can be adorable. You could tint the frosting green and add a star to the top to make it a Christmas tree. So many possibilities.

I used an embellished cake mix recipe and my favorite vanilla buttercream. I normally make my cakes from scratch, but I ran out of cocoa. It was 10pm and I didn’t feel like running to the store. I looked through my pantry and found a box of milk chocolate cake mix. My husband thought these were the best cupcakes I’ve ever made. Figures. The recipe is below and you can use it for any flavor of cake, just make sure to match your mix to the pudding.

Ingredients

  •     devil’s food cake mix
  •     3 large eggs
  •     ⅓ c. vegetable oil
  •     1 c. water
  •     3 c. Heavy cream, whipped
  •     2 tsp. vanilla extract
  •     2 c. granulated sugar
  •     16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  •     Black decorating gel
  •     ¼ tsp. salt
  •     Mini M&Ms

Instructions

  • Line a muffin tin with liners.
  • Make chocolate cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
  • Make cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy. Gently fold in whipped cream.
  • Transfer to piping bag or large Ziploc bag. Frost cupcakes, making sure they are a good height. Trace a black line around the frosting with decorating gel. Stick M&Ms along the black line, imitating rainbow lights. Repeat to frost all 24 cupcakes.

Easy Christmas Light Cupcakes #Easy #Christmas #Light #Cupcakes Dessert Recipes Easy Strawberry, Dessert Recipes Easy Gluten Free, Dessert Recipes Easy Pie, Dessert Recipes Easy Oreo, Dessert Recipes Easy Peanut Butter, Dessert Recipes Easy Cream Cheese, Dessert Recipes Easy From Scratch, Dessert Recipes Easy Brownies, Dessert Recipes Easy Thanksgiving, Dessert Recipes Easy Keto,

No comments:

Post a Comment